HomeKit device manufacturer, LightWave, based in the UK have announced their very own smart relay device, following on from similar devices from Fibaro, Aqara, and most recently Terncy/Xiaoyan. The basics are the device, called the Smart Mini Relay, with the model number L82, are explained thus by Lightwave;
- The Lightwave Smart Mini Relay is an incredibly versatile device that allows for the remote control of volts free or mains electrical circuits (max 500W load).
- As a result, automatic curtain openers, doors, gates and lighting circuits can all be controlled via the Lightwave App.
- Each Smart Mini Relay can also be voice controlled using Apple HomeKit, Google Home and Amazon Alexa.
- The Smart Mini Relay is very useful way of controlling LED strip lighting. This can act as part of a wider lighting scene in conjuction with Lightwave Smart Sockets and Dimmers which can be triggered by a single button press or the App.
- The Smart Mini Relay Relay can also be situated outdoors by utilising the Lightwave LW824 Waterproof Housing. This allows it to control outdoor features such as garden lighting, pond pumps, or automatic gate openers.
- Can control volts free circuits or mains power up to 500W
This small device will be available from October 1st, and will sell in the UK for around £49.95. The Smart Mini Relay is available for pre-order from LightWave’s own site.