Yeelight, who we seem to be featuring at least once a week right now, have stepped up the pace yet again, with the release of their new HomeKit compatible bedside lamp. This follows on from the release of the Yeelight Star Floor lamp, and two new ceiling lights, all of which are homeKit compatible. This lamp was first revealed at CES 2019, in January, then after a relatively quiet few months, it came back into the spotlight (no pun intended) when Yeelight announced a ton of new products, that included new a Bluetooth Mesh HomeKit hub and lights as well as firmware updates to some of their legacy products. Phew!
So, this new lamp which is essentially a ‘half pint’ version of the Mi Bedside Lamp 2, is full colour, is compatible with Mi Home, Yeelight and Apple’s Home app, and will work in all regions, as it covers 100-240v @ 50/60Hz. It uses Wifi, with Bluetooth for initial setup. Here are some specs;
- Voltage: 100 – 240V / 50 – 60Hz / 0.1A
- Power: 5W
- Colour adjustment: WRGB
- Colour rendering index: Ra80
- WiFi: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz
- Bluetooth: V4.2BLE
- Input: 5V 1A
- Working temperature: -10 – 40Deg.C
- Bright and soft light is more beautiful and practical
- Intelligent control, support for Apple Homekit, APP control, voice control
- Whole-body lighting, multiple scenes create the atmosphere
- Double-click the switch, it is simple and convenient
- Product size (L x W x H): 14.80 x 14.80 x 14.50 cm / 5.83 x 5.83 x 5.71 in
- Product weight: 0.8 kg
As with most products from either Yeelight, Aqara or Mijia, these are not as easily available as just ordering from Amazon, but they are available at the usually Asian online resellers with international shipping, currently on sale at around US$49.99.
Expect a full review soon.