New Dimmer Switch and Smart Plug From Brilliant
Brilliant, maker of the award-winning Brilliant Smart Home Control, today announced its expansion into whole-home smart lighting with two new products: the Brilliant Smart Dimmer Switch and Brilliant Smart Plug. The Brilliant Smart Dimmer Switch unlocks the ability for homeowners and homebuilders to affordably add high-end smart lighting to any room or throughout an entire home. With one-touch dimming, motion sensing, and scene control built-in, Brilliant’s new Smart Dimmer Switch is also controllable by voice through Alexa and Google Assistant and remotely via the all-in-one Brilliant Smart Home app. The Brilliant Smart Plug makes lamps and other plug-in devices smart, with touch, voice, and app control. Combined with the Brilliant Smart Home Control, these new products now enable Brilliant to offer the world’s first mainstream built-in smart home and lighting control system that can be easily installed in both new and existing homes.
“Before Brilliant, an integrated whole-home smart home and lighting system meant either spending tens of thousands of dollars on an inflexible home automation system or piecing together a jumble of disparate devices and apps,” said Aaron Emigh, Co-Founder and CEO of Brilliant. “With our new smart switch and plugin combination with the Brilliant Control, we are realizing our mission to make it possible for every homeowner to experience the comfort, energy efficiency, safety, and convenience of living in a truly smart home.”
Over five years of research and design, Brilliant has worked to seamlessly integrate technology into the daily life of every homeowner. With motion enablement and integration into the Brilliant Smart Home System, the Brilliant Smart Dimmer Switch is a game-changer for the smart lighting and control space, turning regular lights into smart lights and bringing intuitive control to smart bulbs. This combination of capabilities and affordable price point enables the highest end lighting control on the market to be deployed throughout homes of every kind and democratizes the market for complete home smart lighting and control.
The new Brilliant Dimmer Switch and Smart Plug build on Brilliant’s industry-leading form and function by continuing to push the boundaries of materials, manufacturing, and technology to the next level. The Brilliant Smart Dimmer Switch incorporates the clean design aesthetics of the award-winning Brilliant Control into a standard Decora form, easily replacing existing light switches. Finger-width touch grooves for dimmer controls invite a more intuitive user interaction, while also providing the convenience of tap-anywhere on/off functionality. Every Dimmer Switch also includes a built-in motion sensor and double-tap feature to activate a scene. This enables smart lighting to be deployed throughout the entire home, with control capabilities built directly into the walls and accessible by touch, voice, motion, and automated scenes, and remotely via the app. Brilliant’s smart home products can be added to any room easily, and set up in minutes, with no new home wiring required. This reduces installation complexity and makes it perfect for DIYers, renovations, remodels, renters and late decision upgrades, as well as traditional whole-home installations. Brilliant has combined all forms of interaction – touch, voice, and motion control – into a learning system that anyone can install, making smart home functionality easy to use and accessible to all.
Key benefits of the Brilliant Smart Dimmer Switch:
● Easy to Install: Installs like a traditional light switch using standard electrical wiring. No custom wiring, hub, or batteries required.
● Makes lighting smart: Provides the ability to control any lighting fixture via touch, voice, motion, scenes, or with Brilliant’s all-in-one app.
● Simple voice control: Use Alexa, Google Assistant, or HomeKit to control your lights hands-free.
● Makes smart bulbs smarter: Brings traditional wall switch control to Philips Hue, LIFX, TP-Link, and more — use light switches that control smart bulbs without losing smart bulb connectivity when switches are off.
● Capacitive touch dimming: Use the touch slider to adjust the brightness of any dimmable light or tap anywhere on the switch to turn lights on and off.
● Motion detection: Automatically turn on the lights when someone enters a room and turn them off when a room is unoccupied. Or create pathway lighting triggers to turn on lights ahead of you as you move throughout your home.
● Home automation and scene control: Double-tap anywhere on the switch to trigger a smart home or lighting scene that combines control of multiple devices: lights, music, climate, and more.
● Affordability: Brilliant’s smart lighting and home control system is a fraction of the cost of comparable high-end smart home, lighting, and home automation systems.
Key benefits of the Brilliant Smart Home System:
● Unified control: Brilliant unifies all your favourite smart home devices and makes them easily accessible through a touchscreen control panel on your wall or a single app.
● Easy for everyone: Spouses, kids, family, friends, and guests can easily use all your smart home devices. Brilliant lets you choose the best way to interact with your home in every situation: touch, voice, motion, or an all-in-one app.
● Affordability: Brilliant brings mass-market affordability to high-end smart home and lighting control, making it feasible for every homeowner and every home builder to make their homes inherently smart with built-in controls, sensors, and smart devices.
The Brilliant Smart Dimmer Switch ships in Q1 2020 and is available for pre-order on January 5th, 2020 at http://www.brilliant.tech for $69.99 for a single and as low as $59.99 in various bundle packs.
The Brilliant Smart Plug ships in Q1 2020 and is available for pre-order on January 5th, 2020 at http://www.brilliant.tech for $29.99.
2 thoughts on “New Dimmer Switch and Smart Plug From Brilliant”
Brilliant still advertising that Homekit support is coming soon. This has not changed in several months.
This is the reason I have not purchased any Brilliant products yet. Brilliant has not posted any updates on Homekit support since their original “coming soon” statement.
That’s a shame, as they seem like nice products. Let’s hope they’re not just using the word HomeKit as a baiting tactic.
Comments are closed.