Aqara have today officially added their new Zigbee-based EU smart plug to their website, along with more information on the device itself and where you should be able to order it from.
Previously only available in Russia, the new Zigbee 3.0 compliant smart plug will work with the current Aqara gateway, and has all the usual features you get with the US version of the smart plug, including, amongst other things, energy monitoring as well as overheat & overload protection. Here are some basic specs;
- Model: SP – EUC01
- Dimensions: Φ 62 × 77.5 mm ( Φ 2.44 × 3.05 in.)
- Wireless Protocol: Zigbee 3.0
- Electrical Rating: 250V AC,50/60 Hz, 10A,MAX.2300W
- Ambient Temperature: 0°C~35°C (32℉~95℉)
- Operating Humidity: 0 – 95% RH, non-condensing
- The company’s website lists a few places
The company’s website lists a few places where you can presumably order/preorder the plug, although there’s no details on pricing yet. This plug follows on from the recently released Mi Smart Plug, which whilst square, offers much the same spec as the Aqara plug, although the Mi version isn’t officially Zigbee 3.0.