New Popa Smart Plug Emerges on Amazon
If you’ve been getting into HomeKit recently, it can’t have escaped your attention that there are quite a few choices when it comes to smart plugs – at least if you’re able to use the type B plugs found in North America and elsewhere. It now seems that despite this, another new smart plug has made its way to amazon.com, this time under the Popa brand.
News of this plug originally surfaced on now-defunct website HomeKit Hero, that reported that the device and even the accompanying app bore similarities to the Vocolinc SmartBar and LinkWise app, respectively, although this isn’t as unusual as it might sound, with many companies being supplied by the same factories in China.
That aside, the new plug is visually slightly different from the Vocolinc SmartBar, even though the word ‘Smartbar’ is used in the details for the smart plug itself. Strange! The Amazon listing has a few details, including;
- Widely Compatible: Works with HomeKit, Alexa and Google Assistant. Supports both iOS and Android.
- Compact Design: Small enough that the second socket never gets blocked off
- Hub-Free & Remote Access: control from nearly anywhere via an Apple TV/HomPod/iPad (iOS) or Alloy App (Android)
- Set Schedules: Schedule to switch on/off your electronic(s) automatically
- Note: SmartBar requires iOS 12+ or Android 4.3+ and a secured 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network; make sure your mobile device is connected stable to the internet while pairing. Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any questions.
the Popa app is already available on the Apple App store, although a quick search of the Google Play store turned up nothing at the time.
If you’re looking for a cheap smart plug (or even two) the new device is available on amazon.com now as a 2-pack for only US$24.99
Thanks to Bing Feng Yeh for the tip off