Back at the tail end of last year, we reported on the existence of the Onvis Smart camera, which was first spotted at the 2019 Hong Kong Electronics Fair, and following on from that the camera was properly unveiled at this year’s CES. Now the company seem to be finally gearing up for the release of the camera, with a new post on Instagram, first spotted by Eric from Modern Day Tech, providing the details we previously posted, but with the ‘coming soon’ teaser.
This will be the company’s first camera, at least under its own brand name, with some impressive specs, that will possibly make some consumers think twice about the recently announced Eufy indoor cameras, although this will also depend on pricing for the Onvis offering. As previously revealed, the specs are;
- The camera will be capable of up to two simultaneous 1080p live streams for iCloud, and two for local devices
- Full 1080p recording at 30fps
- Compatible with HomeKit Secure Video
- The camera uses a Sony Starlight CMOS sensor
- Can connect to both 5GHz and 2.4GHz wifi networks
- Includes an option for local video storage via an SD Card up to 128GB
- 134º Field of vision
We’ll be getting one for review quite soon, so when it’s ready to drop, we’ll be posting a full in-depth review as well as an overview video.