Originally spotted by Reddit user u/spaggi on the HomeKit SubReddit just five days ago, the Netatmo video doorbell appeared on the Galaxus website (Switzerland), with a price tag of SFr329.- (approx. US$360.00) along with an availability date of September 28th.
However, listings of this type have come and gone without products appearing before, so some were sceptical that the product would be launched so soon. Well, it now seems that this is indeed the launch date, as confirmed by an email sent out to their customers, who received official confirmation via email today.
The bad news is that whilst the doorbell will be finally available, along with HomeKit support, HomeKit Secure Video will not be available at launch, which may well be added later on this year. The Netatmo device itself is still only one of three HomeKit-enabled video doorbells as of writing, with the other two being the ProLine, by Robin Telecom, and the Yobi B3. Still, if the recent updates on the Eufy Video doorbell are anything to go by, then as with the glut of HSV cameras that came out earlier this year, we may yet see a surge in video doorbells too. The Netatmo offering will only be available in the EU initially, with the US to follow. Pricing for the UK, EU and the US will be £269, €299 and $299 respectively.
Here are the specs of the Netatmo Video Doorbell.
- Smart Video Doorbell with video calls and people alerts on your smartphone
- Camera: 2 megapixels, 5x digital zoom
- Video: Full HD 1080p, H.264 coding, HDR
- Field of view: 140° diagonal
- Sound: high-quality speaker and microphone
- Night vision: Infrared LED
- Operating temperature: -10° to 40°C
- Weather-resistant: HZO protection
- Height: 135 mm
- Width: 45 mm
- Depth: 29 mm
- 8-24V & 230V; minimum 8VA; requires a wired doorbell and chime
Free video storage
- Local storage on a microSD memory card and option to save to Dropbox or FTP server
- MicroSD card up to 32Gb (class 10)
- 1 Smart Video Doorbell
- 1 microSD memory card (already inserted in the product)
- 1 chime connector
- 1 wall mounting plate
- 1 optional finish plate
- 1 optional 25° bracket
- 1 additional fuse
- 1 security screw and its custom tool
- Screws and wall plugs
- 1 user guide