AirPlay 2 Compatibility Added to Marantz AVRs Via Software Update
Marantz, the electrical audio product company, that also incorporates the Denon brand, have today announced that a selection of their amplifiers will receive Airplay 2 compatibility via a software update. Their press release states;
- You can play Apple Music on AirPlay 2 compatible models from Denon, Marantz and HEOS.
- Experience amazing soundtracks on AirPlay 2 models from Denon, Marantz and HEOS from popular services like Youtube and Netflix from any iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple TV.
- Ask Siri to play Apple Music in a specific room or throughout the house (ask Siri from iPhone/iPad/Mac/Apple TV/HomePod).
- Multiroom control: ability to play music as a single device or group of AirPlay 2 devices simultaneously. You can control group directly from Apple’s Music App and Home app.
- Denon/Marantz AVRs with HEOS built-in.
- HEOS Home Cinema HS2.
- Apple TV.
- With other music streaming services, Siri gives you basic controls (volume, skip tracks, mute/unmute, pause/resume, etc) while playing on AirPlay 2 compatible models from Denon, Marantz and HEOS.
- AirPlay 2 can be used with other HomeKit devices.
- In Future: create a synchronized playback group with other HEOS devices (even HEOS devices that do not have AirPlay 2 can be group members – AP2 device needs to be the group leader).
- AirPlay 2 enables support for multi-room audio so users can wirelessly stream content to multiple AirPlay 2 speakers simultaneously and improves audio buffering to help ensure smoother audio playback. Additionally, AirPlay 2 ensures users can control and group compatible audio devices within the Apple Music or Home app.
Marantz have also included a list of compatible devices, should you be unsure if your particular model is covered.