Update 1: the author of the original post on iMore.com has since tweeted the following:
Unfortunately, it looks like the eufyCam 2 HomeKit Secure Video update was pushed out to some users “by mistake”. The feature is still in the certification phase though so it should be coming soon. From what I have seen on my cameras, everything is working as expected so far.
So it would appear that whilst HSV is ‘coming soon’, don’t go looking for it right now, unless you were one of the ‘lucky’ ones to get the update in error.
Update 2: As reported by Adam Miarka, Eufy have stepped in, via their own forums to explain exactly what the deal is;
As promised, eufy is now updating its eufyCam 2/2C security cameras with support for HomeKit Secure Video.
Yesterday, only a few testers received the update for HomeKit Secure Video support. However, from today until March 31st, HomeKit Secure Video will be available via a beta firmware update. Users who are interested in the beta trial can contact the eufy support team for early access.
Starting from April 1st to 10th, we will start rolling out of the firmware update that brings HomeKit Secure Video support to all eufyCam 2/2C security systems. The update will download automatically when HomeBase is idle.
So this has gone from exciting news, to a letdown, to even better news, now that Eufy have confirmed that even the 2C system will be getting HSV.
As first reported by Christopher Close at iMore, Eufy has now pushed out a firmware update that adds HomeKit Secure Video (HSV) to their EufyCam 2 security cameras. Whilst the EufyCam2 and the EufyCam 2C both work with Apple HomeKit, up until this latest development, neither camera was compatible with HSV upon release.
The EufyCam 2 offers a wireless Home Security Camera System, 365-Day Battery Life, HD 1080p, IP67 Weatherproof, Night Vision, Compatible with Amazon Alexa, 2-Cam Kit, No Monthly Fee.
- 1080p Full HD: Live-stream and record footage in crystal clear 1080p HD, so you see exactly what is happening in and around your home.
- A Year’s Security from 1 Charge: Avoid frequent trips to charge the battery and enjoy 365-day battery life from just one charge.
- Zero Hidden Costs: Designed to protect your home as well as your wallet, eufyCam 2 is a one-time purchase that combines security with convenience.
- Advanced Night Vision: The state-of-the-art Sony sensor allows for detailed recordings and streaming in low-light scenarios.
- Ready for Any Weather: With an IP67 weatherproof-rating, eufyCam 2 is built to withstand the elements.