My wife and I live in an old house in the US which only has 2 wires in the walls (no neutral), so for all of our smart physical switches – whether they are interruptor or dimmable – we have decided to go with Lutron and their Caseta line. The fact is, there weren’t really any other options that I found. Lutron has quite the good reputation, so we got the hub, bought the switches etc, but we also wanted two table lamps to be dimmable for a sort of ‘retro’ look, using LED Edison bulbs. Luckily for us, Lutron may be the one company that offers such a product that is HomeKit compatible.
Once added, you will see the lamps (under whatever name you assigned them and the virtual remotes) on the main page in the app. They automatically get added to your home, assuming you (as previously stated) have the hub set up and connected to HomeKit. I have the lamps grouped, but they look like any other table lamp that you have set up in HomeKit:
- Provides the best dimming performance for LED bulbs. Tested and recommended for use with over 1,000 bulbs (for recommended LEDs, please see “Technical Specification”)
- Works with up to 100W of dimmable LED/CFL or 300W incandescent/halogen bulbs
- Lamp Dimmer simply plugs into a standard outlet and can be used with up to two lamps
- Dimmer controls up to 17 bulbs per circuit (based on 8.5W LED bulbs, 60W incandescent equivalent)
- For added convenience, use with Pico remote (sold separately: PJ2-3BRL-WH-L01R) to turn lights on/off or raise/lower to adjust brightness
- Works with your voice assistant or smart phone via the FREE Lutron app for iOS and Android (Smart Bridge required)