Robin Telecom, who are set to become the very first company to release a HomeKit compatible Video Doorbell camera, have today announced pricing and availability for their ProLine offering.
Initially the product will be available on Jan 31st for the following countries;
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK, Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Chile, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Israel, Jordan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Qatar, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates.
The USA and Canada will follow a month later, on February 28th.
The pricing for the ProLine Video doorbell is going to be a lot to swallow for many end users, with a starting price at €696.00 incl. VAT @21%, with an extra €19 for the basic Flush Mount box, or €77 for the Surface Mount box. The US price is set at $661.75 excl. VAT, plus $18.06 and $73.18 respectively for the aforementioned mount boxes – both also excluding VAT.
While the price is way beyond what was probably expected of most consumers, this is in fact a high end product that Robin Telecom are already known for. The HomeKit compatible version has the following features;
- 130-degree Wide Angle Field of View
- Hardened optical glass dome with
- High Definition (720p) video
- Dynamic Video Streaming – video bitrate is continuously adjusted to ensure optimal performance given the available bandwidth (over WiFi or 3G / 4G).
- Two-way Audio – listen and speak using the built-in microphone and speaker
- Noise and echo cancellation – Chrystal clear audio as a result of advanced audio processing.
- Built-in dry relay to connect the ProLine to your existing chime.
- Full anodized aluminium design
- Front panel with nano-coating for improved UV protection
- Optional flush- or surface mount box
- Warranty: 48 months (carry-in, DDP)