Onvis’ forthcoming HomeKit enabled Smart Camera, the Onvis C3 is now available to preorder from the company’s own online store. The retail price is listed as US$89.99, although at present the company are offering a discount that brings the price down to only US$72.00, although this price does not include shipping or any import taxes you may have to pay.
If you’re not aware of the Onvis C3, we first uncovered evidence of it late last year when information on a HomeKit camera surfaced at the 2019 Hong Kong Electronics Fair. Since then, more details have been released regarding the spec. including the fact that it works exclusively with Apple HomeKit and also supports HomeKit Secure Video. The C3 shoots 1080p HD video @ 30fps for all four streams – one for iCloud with 4 seconds of pre-recording, two for live streams and one for MicroSD recording.
What may be of interest to some is that it also works with both 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz wifi networks, as well as having two-way audio. Below are more detailed Specs.
- Storage: iCloud ( HomeKit Secure Video), MicroSD card (up to 128G)
- Resolution: 1080p@30fps X4
- (1 for iCloud recording, 2 for live streamings, 1 for MicroSD card )
- CMOS Sensor: IMX Starlight sensor, 2M pixels
- Wi-Fi: 5GHz and 2.4GHz, 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- 2-Way Audio
- Lens FOV: 134°
- Starlight Night Vision: Auto IR Cut, supreme quality
- Adapter: Input 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz, 0.2A; Output 5.0VDC, 1.2A, Type C
- Dimensions(WxDxH): 4.4×3.4×3.1 inch (112x87x80mm)
- Operation Temperature: 32℉~104℉(0℃~40℃)
- Operating Humidity: 10%~90% RH non-condensing
- Storage Temperature: -4℉~158℉(-20℃~70℃)
- Storage Humidity: 5%~90% RH non-condensing
Shipping of the product from for purchases from the company’s store will start at the end of June. We’ve recently been able to get our hands on one for testing and review purposes and will be posting a full review soon.