Aqara have recently released an update to their Home app, along with a firmware update to their hub (firmware 1.2.32) that now seems to allow some Xiaomi/Mijia devices to be added to their app. In the update to the app itself, the automation section now has additional devices listed , which include the following;
- Mi Window & Door Sensor
- Mi Motion Sensor
- Mi Wireless Switch
- Mi Temperature & Humidity Sensor
- Mi Smart Plug (Chinese version)
- LED Light Bulb (Tuneable White)
There is a mixture of good and bad news with the latest update; The good news is that for those people who bought Aqara Wireless Rocker Switches that then found they were an older type (that wasn’t supported by the new Hub) despite the same model number, these can now be successfully added to the Aqara Hub/App. The bad news is that these Rocker Switch still don’t get exposed to HomeKit, so if you’re going to be making use of these, you will be limited to automations within the Aqara app, which in turn means you can only create automations to control other Aqara devices.
The last one item on the list above, for the LED light bulb, doesn’t seem to include Yeelight Tuneable Whites that we have here, but other sensors seem to be working as expected.
We’ll be doing more tests, so stay tuned for an update to this post.
- Aqara have issued a firmware update for their Aqara hub, taking the firmware version to 1.2.32.
- Some of the Mijia devices now seem to be exposed to HomeKit. So far the Mi Motion Sensor, Mi Mini Wireless Switch and the Mi Window and Door Sensor are all now appearing Apple’s Home app.