Anker, the parent company of Eufy, have unveiled a new camera system to compete with the likes of Arlo, with a camera and hub combo. First announced by Ben Patterson at techhive.com, the cameras, simply named as the EufyCam 2 will be battery-powered, and will for the first time be compatible with Apple HomeKit, as well as Google and Amazon’s own smart home systems.
The new system, which as a ‘kit’ will include two cameras, as well as a base unit, will be available at Best Buy from sometime in November. The company claim that the cameras will feature a staggering 365-day battery life, with standard 1080p HD video playback, night vision and local storage for your video recordings, which means no monthly fees via the company’s cloud service, unless you want it.
The company also state that these cameras will be compatible with Apple’s own HomeKit Secure Video offering, which so far many companies have either failed to confirm or have emphatically stated that they have no plans to update their products to include this service.
Some basic specs:
- 365-day Battery Life: Camera runs for 365 days per charge
- IP67-rated weatherproof for Indoor / Outdoor
- Full HD Surveillance: 1080p Full HD with Night Vision, Two-Way Audio
- Facial Recognition Technology: sending only alerts triggered by unrecognized human faces
- Reduces false alarms by up to 95%
- Military-Grade Security & Anti-Theft Alarm