The long-awaited follow up to the current Aqara hub, namely the Aqara M2, has yet to make its debut, and although the new hub is listed on the Chinese version of Aqara’s website, up until now, it hasn’t officially been listed on any of the company’s other regional sites. However, the M2 – or rather the M2L – has shown up Aqara’s South Korean website.
Whilst this doesn’t mean the new hub is actually available, given that the M2 has been listed on the Chinese website for at least six months, it could be a strong hint that the new hub is about ready for release.
This also tallies with talk that Aqara are aiming to get the M2, along with their HomeKit enabled G2H camera to market by the end of Q1 of 2020. From translating the specs from the Korean website, it seems the specs for the M2L are the same as the M2, as is the model number (ZHWG12LM) so it’s not entirely clear why the Korean version has an L suffix, although as revealed in our recent article, there’s also an M1S listed in the Aqara app, which could mean that the M2L and the M1S are just tweaked for Korean regulations and requirements.
If you’re not familiar with the M2, here are some specs for this new device;
- Model: ZHWG12LM
- Product Size: 100x 30.75mm
- Input Voltage: 5V = 1A
- Operating Temperature: -5C~+ 50°C
- working humidity: 0~95% RH, no condensation
- Wireless Connection: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4gHz, Zigbee 3.0 IEEE 802.15.4, BLE 5.0
- Execution standard: Q / QLML026
- Support multi-protocol – Zigbee 3.0 | WiFi | Infrared
- With multi-function – doorbell | Alarm clock
- Linkage multi-scene – security | Go home | Sleep
- Provide multiple interactive – APP control | Siri voice control | Automation scene
Thanks to Sebastian G for the heads up.