Logitech Circle View Doorbell – First Impressions

Finally, a video doorbell that supports HomeKit Secure Video! But is that enough to make it the right install for your home? Let’s break down the features, install process, and first impressions to see if this could be the right doorbell for you.

Logitech Circle View Wired Doorbell (apple.com)
Logitech’s Product Page

Twitter
Instagram

10 thoughts on “Logitech Circle View Doorbell – First Impressions

• 13th December 2020 at 12:34 pm

You can actually disable the Night Vision Light from always being enabled to always disabled.

• 13th December 2020 at 1:16 pm

I needed to turn off the Night Vision Light because it was causing the Camera to keep dropping out when it was on. I guess I barely had enough power. It’s an old house and doorbell.

• 18th December 2020 at 5:55 am

It’s not hard to upgrade the transformer that sends power down the wires to your door bell. The power rating is specified by Logitech.

• 26th December 2020 at 10:30 am

How did you turn off the light?

• 1st January 2021 at 9:40 pm

its under the HomeKit device settings

• 1st January 2021 at 11:51 pm

It’s under the cameras settings in the HK app.

Toggle off Night Vision Light

• 19th December 2020 at 2:11 am

How fast is the notification if you notify on person detection. How does it compare to the nest?

• 20th December 2020 at 2:08 am

I installed this myself. It works well and is fast. It’s only about 8 ft from one of my 3 wireless access points (an AirPort Extreme ac). I’ve had the connection drop a few times already for short periods of time, around 5 minutes. It’s been about 30° in Ohio this week, and I’m not sure if the weather is playing a role, or it’s just the Wi-Fi getting through the wall/window in the front of the house. Overall, I’m very happy with the product. The ability to have 2 video feeds simultaneously with this camera is a welcome upgrade from what I’m used to with my (2) Logitech Circle 2’s with HomeKit Secure video.

• 23rd December 2020 at 5:37 am

Does this have a soft exterior chime when the button is pressed?

Will you be reviewing the Netatmo? It sure looks a lot nicer than this Logitech, tho I don’t believe it has video storage to the cloud.

• 30th December 2020 at 8:47 am

Drew, yes it doe have a chime at the bell when you press it.