Onelink, the US company who make a range of smoke and CO alarms, including a couple of smart home compatible products, have issued a firmware update to their Safe & Sound combined Smoke/CO alarm with a built-in speaker. The update now adds Airplay 2 to the speaker, which will now allow you to stream music from Apple Music, your iPhone or any other device that’s capable of Airplay 2.
If you’re not familiar with the Onelink Safe and Sound, besides being a HomeKit compatible Smoke and Carbon Monoxide alarm and sensor, it also contains a ‘premium’ speaker, along with built-in Alexa functionality.
Here are some basic features;
- Intelligent 2-in-1 Smoke and Carbon Monoxide alarm sends alerts to mobile devices and tells you the type and location of emergency in your home.
- High-end speakers provide immersive, Omni-directional audio with crisp vocals and powerful bass; noise-cancelling microphones hear you from any direction, even while playing music.
- With built-in Alexa Voice Services, Onelink Safe & Sound can play music, news, or audiobooks; hands-free voice commands let you control smart home devices, lights, locks, and more.
- Safe & Sound is a hardwired alarm that connects easily to electrical systems using the included adapter plugs so you don’t have to rewire.
- The Onelink Home companion app allows you to test and silence your alarm, control entertainment and adjust your nightlight colour and brightness through your phone or tablet.
The OneLink Safe & Sound is available on Amazon.com for around US$180